At Keemut we look at valuation of connected cars that use data from actual cars instead of averages. As we build out our user base, we still look at average data from time-to-time. This calculator is an example of the data we aim to automate in calculating the cost of ownership of a vehicle.
We have built the calculator to look at the 5-year ownership of a vehicle that is either financed or paid in cash. We use the following data inputs:
Test out Tesla vs. BMW, or Tesla vs. Audi, you can pick the ICE vehicle and the EV
Fill in the details that help in providing a proper comparison based on your driving habits.
This is based on forecasted data from various sources such as EIA, DOE for the given states
|Year||Gas Prices ($/gal)||Electricity Prices ($/kWh)|
1. Bank loan data via Credit Karma.
2. We do not adjust the maintenance as you drive more miles right now. We will update to add this as we get more data to do this. Our current model is based on 15,000 miles/yr driven.
3. We use public government data to get average values of energy by state. We will add additional countries to this in the near future.
4. We do not include tax and tax credits in this calculator.
5. Some 2021 vehicles have not published their rated MPG or MSRP as of this calculator’s publication, so we use 2020 MSRP or an equivalent value.
6. For new EV vehicles with limited maintenance history, we extrapolated the average EV maintenance based on manufacturer history, their experience with EVs, and recommended maintenance for EVs vs ICE.